Members of the Junior League of El Paso are accomplished collaborators who build coalitions, identify community needs, and develop effective and responsive programs to serve those needs. The Junior League of El Paso empowers women through leadership training and development to take action in their communities. There are over 500 women who each year give more than 30,000 voluntary hours of service to projects and agencies and 95% work outside the home.
Benefits of Membership
- Training for effective community service and leadership including issue awareness, fundraising, public relations, finance, collective impact, advocacy and personal development.
- Insight into community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions.
- Interaction and partnerships with community leaders including the opportunity to sit on community Boards of Directors and committees that make an impact in our community.
- Exposure to problem solving, communication and the administration of non-profit agencies.
- New friends and opportunities for continued growth and personal fulfillment.
- Membership transferability to the more than 290 Junior Leagues throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and England.
Requirements of an Active Member
As an Active member, the focus of your time will shift to your volunteer activity known as your placement. You will be required to:
- Attend a minimum of five General Membership and/or Group Meetings per year.
- Pay annual dues — currently $203.00 Meet financial commitments in regard to joining fee and annual dues
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and commitment to community service
- Show an interest in developing your potential for voluntary community participation
- Complete one placement per year (60 hours per year).
- Min. Age of at least 24 years of age