I have agreed to sponsor a new member… What now?
Thank you for contributing to the continued growth and success of the Junior League of El Paso by sponsoring a new member!
- Your candidate must have lived in El Paso for six months any time prior to May 31, 2018.
- Your candidate must be at least 24 years old at the time of her sponsorship.
- Your candidate must possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community service.
- Any Active or Sustaining member in good standing may sponsor up to three candidates each year. Provisional Members will be voted into Active Membership in February which will enable them to be sponsors!
- A member cannot sponsor relatives i.e., daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, first cousin, niece, or aunt (including those by marriage).
- A Sponsor Group must consist of TWO members in good standing, at least one of whom must be an Active member.
- Contact Sponsor must fill out the Prospective Member Profile with supplemental information about the candidate.
- All Sponsor Group members must fill in and sign the Sponsor Contract. Please contact the Mem
Who is Eligible to Sponsor a New Member?
- Any Active or Sustaining member in good standing shall have the privilege of sponsoring a maximum of three (3) Prospective members each year. A member shall not sponsor her daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, nor her first cousin, niece or aunt (including those by marriage).
- A Prospective member for Provisional membership shall be sponsored by a minimum of two (2) JLEP members who shall have responsibility for the Prospective member. A sponsor group shall consist of at least one (1) Resident Active, who agrees to stay active the following year.
- The formation of sponsor groups shall be the responsibility of the sponsors, who may refer to the Prospective member File to obtain names of other possible sponsors.
- The Membership Recruitment Committee shall inform the membership (Active and Sustaining) on how to submit Prospective member names and the process for completing sponsorship packages.
- The Membership Recruitment Committee may refuse a Sponsor Form if it does not meet the Membership Recruitment Criteria of the JLEP.
Sponsoring a New Member – Checklist
______Contact Sponsor has completed the Prospective Member Profile.
______ Contact Sponsor has provided each sponsor with a copy of the Prospective Member Information Sheet outlining information for by-law requirements and listing sponsors.
_____ Two (2) sponsors have completed and signed the Sponsor Contract.
_____ The packet is turned in no later than March 1, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. and includes the following documents:
- The Prospective Member Profile (1)
- The Prospective Member Information Sheet (1)
- Sponsor Contract from each sponsor (2)
_____ Contact Sponsor has provided each sponsor with a copy of the Prospective Member Information Sheet and the Prospective Member Profile.